Right sidebar (property panel) not accepting inputs in specific file

Hello,
today I updated Figma to Figma Desktop App version 116.18.6 and I noticed that general inputs in the properties panel (right sidebar) are not working.

This includes numeric inputs via keyboard (font size for example – it lets me type in a new value, when hitting enter jumps back to old value) but also clickable inputs like text orientation or auto-layout settings. At first I thought this was due to component restraints but even creating a new object results in this.

Creating a new document and pasting the elements there works.
Restarting Figma also works, but only for a couple of minutes.

This is a semi complex file with a prototype and about two dozen linked frames. I would prefer not starting over because the prototype link is kind of established within the team.

Any hints on solving this or similar experiences?

Thanks, Jonas

3 Likes

Same here. After refresh the issue is fixed but it’s really frustrating

+1. The same goes for my PC application and web version (Chrome).

Thank you for opening the topic.

Yup. same here. It is frustrating.

Hi everyone! Thanks for flagging this. Our engineering team is currently investigating the issue.

Please share your console log capturing the issue (here are the steps to export console log), and submit a ticket with that to us by filling this form please: here
This will help us to investigate further what’s causing this.

We will also keep you posted. Thanks for your patience in the meantime :pray:

I’m experiencing this as well… I have to restart every 5 minutes or so.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reports and apologies for the issues you are seeing. We’ve pushed out a fix, so this should go away after a page reload. Please let us know if you continue to experience the issues.

Thanks,
John

2 Likes

Seems to work again! Worked for a couple of hours within the file today without any issues.
Thanks so much for the quick reaction!

2 Likes