Figma Support Forum

Refresh thumbnail

We’re using thumbnails to show the status of our design tickets.

Especially when you have a large amount of tickets in a project, it’s super annoying when those thumbnails show the wrong status. Is that ticket in development or still in handoff? Who knows …

4 Likes

Same problem here! I’d love an option to right click and refresh the thumbnail. I’ve been experiencing this issue on a regular basis since joining Figma in Feb 2020. The “restore default thumbnail” workaround is my typical go-to, but unfortunately that doesn’t even work 100% of the time.

I disagree with other posters on this a little. For me refresh would be nice but it should just be updated instantly. Typically one thumbnail would be edited at a time so in my view it should just push the update as soon as you exit the screen on which it sits.

1 Like

Ooh, I am loving how you set up your thumbs. What’s the row of icons at the bottom?

1 Like

Just close and open figma and thumbnail will be refreshed.

1 Like

Please help to improve this feature.

not updating again.

Yes! This is so annoying. Can Figma team please update this delayed/inconsistent update problem?

We have hundred of files, the thumbnail is key organization and file finding.

Yes, It’s very annoying. I love Figma but this part is really uncomfortable. Please fix it Figma team!

This is still annoying and not fixed.

+1 Unfortunately, makes this nice feature very frustrating to use