Plugins not always appearing in quick actions bar search

Since the recent plugins update I’ve been having issues with using the quick actions bar CMD / CTRL + /.

1. Certain plugins sometimes don’t appear anymore when searching for them. I haven’t spotted a pattern as to when or why.

2. Also i don’t understand why some plugins names are preceded by “Installed plugins >” while other aren’t even though they are installed.

Any thoughts on either point?

2 Likes

I had the same issue (still have) but my workaround is opening the plugin via the new resources menu (Shift+I). Afterwards, they do appear within the quick actions popup.

As for your second point, plugins can now be run without having to install them beforehand, so the ones listed have been installed.

1 Like

thanks for the tip on point 1, will try that

re point 2 - all of those plugins are installed, hence the confusion - they should all be labelled “Installed plugins”. But tbh - given the width of the quick action view, it’s wasted space, I’d rather they were all without that additional text.

1 Like

+1 on this issue.
I noticed this occurring after the major feature updates following ConFig 2023.

Using the resources menu (Shift + I) shared by @Toni didn’t help me, unfortunately.

For me, at least, it seems the issue is coming from the fact all of my plugins are coming from my organization. I can still run plugins using the menu command
(Figma > Approved plugins for [org name] > From [org name])
but I’m not able to run any of those same plugins using the Quick Command search (cmd/ctrl + /)

1 Like

I just noticed this issue for my self here @ Meta
Huge issue for over all plugin use, major fracture to my workflow

Off-topic, do y’all folks over at Meta have custom plugins or just wants that are approved by the Org? Just curious!

A suite of custom in addition of what is approved

1 Like

Not sure what changed or when but this issue has been resolved for me.

I’m able to search for my org’s approved plugins using the quick command action (cmd + /).