PDF export and bad encoding text

I would like to create a resume via figma and export it as a pdf, this way the algorithms that process resumes will be able to read the keywords in my resume. However, when I export to PDF and copy a sentence to paste it somewhere else, the text has encoding problems. In fact, when I do a keyword search on my pdf, no word is present (and for good reason, all the words are actually distorted).
Can someone explain to me why there is a problem with the encoding of the text? I have tried with several fonts and the problem is the same (but does not display the same result).

3 Likes

I don’t have this issue. I’d have to inspect your design to see what’s going on. If you’re not comfortable sharing your resume, please share a mock design where this issue occurs.

I can’t put the pdf in this answer but I can invite you on the project: https://www.figma.com/file/J5DDP1MSFj37ZbyLm9r8qc/Untitled?node-id=0%3A1

I don’t have any issues selecting or searching your text from the exported PDFs. I’ve tested in Chrome and Edge.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.