Owners should be able to delete comments

I can’t seem to delete other peoples comments they have left.
I am the creator / owner of the figma file and can only delete my own comments.
Wondering if this is this normal? Why can’t we delete other peoples comments?

The only solution I have found is to copy and paste the frames into a new design file which seems somewhat absurd?

6 Likes

Same problem

1 Like

Hey @jan.urbanic and @Rakesh_Arvapalli,

This is the expected behavior right now. Owners can delete their own comments, but only have the option to resolve the comments made by others after you’ve seen them.

I’m going to edit this thread a bit to allow you and others the ability to vote and add their own feedback, so our developers can consider this feature in a future update.

I’m using a free account shared with one other person, and can’t resolve my own comments. I click the check icon, then the comment window disappears for a second or two, then the small comment icon appears again. I’m using the latest version of the desktop app.

1 Like

I face the same problem. though I’m part of an enterprise plan.

Same here as well. Also cannot resolve other comments.

1 Like

So my viewer made 3 comments about the same issue since Figma also makes comments disappear/not show/not save (is this a bug that sometimes happen). And now I can’t get rid of them till everyone in my file has viewed those 3 comments?!

This is super annoying. If someone has been invited into a board with edit access they should be grown up enough to be allowed to delete a comment.

3 Likes

Same here, I can not resolve or delete my own or anyone else’s comments, they disappear for 1 sec then they are back. must be a bug?

1 Like

I just refreshed my tab and can now resolve comments. Thank You!!

1 Like

Hi all! Some things I’m hearing:

• Can’t resolve own comments: “Show resolved comments” might be checked? If not, this definitely sounds like a bug.

• Comments don’t show: With a recent redesign of comments, comments will now always show on the canvas unless toggled off (shift+c to toggle between the two modes). You no longer have to be in a ‘comment mode’ in order to see comments. My guess here is that you may be in the “Comments hidden” state.

1 Like

I am the owner of a file and have multiple people as editors.
I was unable to resolve, move, or edit comments in any way.
However, I simply quit Figma and reloaded the file, and it was fixed.
Even comments I had “failed” to resolve had been deleted already when I reloaded the file.

So I suggest force quitting and reloading it. Worked for me.

I have the same issue - I need to be able to delete other people’s comments on the board I created/own.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello
I would like to have the possibility to delete others people comments when i’m owner of a file.
Why ?
I try to do some cleanup at the end of projects to make the files lighter, and i’m used to delete all the validate comments.
How ?
Simply add the option “delete the comment” in the dropdown

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 11.27.20

3 Likes

I have the same problem, and this is VERY SERIOUS because someone that tried to scam me on Fiverr is now mad at me, and they are trying to sabotage me and prevent anyone else from working with me by adding terrible comments to my Figma files. (I did not realize the “view only” access means you can ALSO ADD COMMENTS! That is crazy and very MISLEADING! Any “view-only” option should not allow you to do ANYTHING else but LOOK at the document. (Also, in case anyone is wondering, I had the document set so that anyone could “View only” if they had the link – because I posted a proposal trying to find a new developer, and I have several people looking at my new proposal).

1 Like

FIGMA please fix this!! SO many people have this problem. You can see that 3,000 people have viewed this page, so this is a testament to how often people are trying to figure this out.

We can easily see that we can “resolve” comments on the menu option list – but we ALSO need the option to completely delete comments for multiple reasons as OWNERS. Many people have not voted on this topic because they probably just were not signed in, OR they didn’t realize they could vote on this topic.

Adding this option is not hurting anything, so why not add it? It is actually giving us an additional OPTION that we need as owners managing these files. PLEASE listen to your customers AND HELP US!

Thank you kindly

1 Like

In need of this