πŸ†• Organize your pages with dividers & multiple page moves! πŸŽ‰

You can now organize your pages any way you want:

• Turn a page into a page divider with hyphens, en/em dashes, asterisks, or spaces
  • Hold shift to select multiple pages and move them around
22 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Add a name for each divider

Hi, this is a great mini feature!

But do you know if you can still create spacing? I’d usual tap the spacebar on a new page to give me a blank β€œspace” between pages or categories.

It’s not obvious from the above if you can do that now and how.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Love this feature :heart_hands: Now I have the song stuck in my head :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Looks like this now creates a divider, just like the hyphen does.

Yeah, it was the first thing I tried :smile: … hopefully you can still do this somehow. If not, it would feel like it makes the divider-line a less useful update for me. :melting_face:

Brilliant! Thanks.

Undiscoverable unless you try to use layers as makeshift separators and happen to name them so that it triggers conversion to separator. Explicitly added named groups would be more useful and could work just like grouping layers.

5 Likes

Hi, this is great!

I wonder, however, if it would be possible to support this via the Plugin API as well? It now seems like when you programmatically change the page name to β€œβ€”β€ (or spaces, dashes or asterisks), the renamed page still stays as a regular page, instead of a nice separator line.

Doesn’t work for me. It still displays whatever I type in (β€”)…

Tips for anyone looking to create or edit a divider:

• An already created divider can be moved by dragging it to a new location in the pages list. You don’t just have to move the named pages around the divider.
  • Dividers can also be deleted (or renamed if you made the change by accident) by right clicking on the divider.
  • Pages need to be empty to become a divider. If you have any layers in a page the name will remain and not turn into a divider (ie **** or ----).
2 Likes

Great feature but undiscoverable, why not clicking on the plus icon and choose between new page or divider?

-or-

Adding the divider icon next to the plus icon.

And what about folders? The plus icon can solve it as well.
Folders are a huge feature to organize the pages.

4 Likes

It would be very helpful to either have folders of pages, or the ability to label a divider (like β€œ-----LABEL-------”) so that the divider itself provides some contextualization.

10 Likes

I just tried that but it doesn’t work.

β€œ3 hyphens then press enter” works for me.

Is there a way to add a title of section ?

2 Likes

Is there a way to add this also via API? if i use page.name = β€œβ€”β€ it does not work. Thanks!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add a name for each divider

A completely useless feature without the ability to label.

β€œOh sections, what does this section mean?..”

2 Likes

Nice, but why not use the Pages β€˜+’ to provide a quick drop down menu with 2 options: page, divider.

Using β€˜β€”β€™ is hard to discover, unless users have used this workaround before to organize pages.

3 Likes

Doesn’t work for me.