Add a name for each divider

Great to see the addition of dividers. Would really love the ability to add a name for each divider, because this still doesn’t solve the issue where we need to create an empty page titled “{Section Name}” to call out what the divider is actually dividing.

11 Likes

The new update that adds a divider line between pages is excellent. However, I had an idea that could be even better: the ability to add a label to divide the pages. I created a visual representation of this, and the suggestive image is attached.

12 Likes

Agreed. In most cases, where I need dividers, I’ll still have to use empty pages named something like ‘· · · · · · · · · · · · · · EXPLORATIONS’ rather than the new dividers in order to clearly organize my pages.

Thanks for the feedback, @John_Jackson1!

We’re moving this to its own feature request topic. We’ll pass it onto the team for future consideration.

1 Like

I agree with adding a name for sections. Today we are adding the divider with section name like (----- NAME -----).
A section with name will be better to avoid empty pages.

Can we get divider labels?

example:
--- 🌈 Label comes displays as ----------:rainbow: Label----------

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @Matthew_Law1!

We’ve moved your reply to a similar feature request. Feel free to vote up top, and we’ll pass this feedback onto our team for future consideration.

4 Likes

Dear Figma!

Think in this… divider with text!

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-05 a la(s) 6.27.56 p. m.|456x304

pd… with better contrast, obviously!

When working with large Figma files, page dividers have been a welcome addition. However, it is often useful to name each section of pages (e.g. by brand, or platform).

When naming a page divider, can you add the ability to name the divider?

E.g. Type in — Mobile
to display a divider in the form
----------- MOBILE -----------

Thanks

Isn’t it possible to just add the same functionality as for components, use / in the naming to create a hierarchy and folders?
Then it would just be a front-end rendering thing in the interface.

For example:
project/intro
research/interviews
research/benchmarks
prototype/version A
prototype/version B
archive/…

Labelled page dividers plz! :100:

Design System example,

Label: Foundations

Page: Buttons
Page: Color
Page: Typography
Page: Icons

:pray:t4:

+1 - this would really help with design library organization, especially if the Divider/section/whatever they’d be called also were represented in the Component Folder structure.

I have the issue where it makes it easier to navigate the file itself if you have more pages, but easier to navigate the components in another file if you have fewer pages. An additional level of structure would alleviate this, and dividers would be a great visual way of adding that.

Is the feature for adding names to page dividers currently in A/B testing? I noticed that one of my files suddenly showed indentation, and one of the layer names was bolded. After testing, I found that the indentation occurred because one of our previous names was recognized as a divider: “——●Divider’s Name●——.”

I really like this effect; it perfectly suits my needs. However, I haven’t been able to replicate this effect in other files.

So, I’d like to know if this feature is currently in testing, or if the file needs to meet specific conditions for this to work? If it’s in testing, when can we expect a full rollout of this feature?

Is there a way to overwrite the line break? Sometimes I just want a blank space