Missing fonts in prototype - Interactive components

We’ve also just started experiencing the “Some missing fonts were replaced” issue on buttons in prototypes.

For one of our designers, when she hovers over the quaternary variant of the button, the spacing shifts right 8px and stays there unless clicked. I as the design systems designer cannot reproduce this error on my computer, so I am wondering if this is an issue with the way that local font and org-wide uploaded fonts are configured on individual computers?

Please advise one what’s the best course of action to correct this issue.
button issue

2 Likes

same issue here

2 Likes

I am experiencing something similar.
I have interactive dropdowns that use the same text font as all our files (taking them from the design system), yet… when I share the prototype with people that don’t have the font installed, they don’t see the texts :woman_shrugging: , they are not replaced, but invisible.
This doesn’t help for user testing.
Figma, please help!

P.S. The weirdest thing of all is that on my machine I see everything working perfectly fine, but when I share the prototype… things go south.

2 Likes

This is STILL an issue and unacceptable as prototypes are used for stakeholders presentations. @Figma_Support do you have any update on when this will be resolved? Really losing my trust in Figma’s prototyping if this continues.

3 Likes

same issue here. trying to make a prototype for a tutorial video and my fonts are all miss match and wont let me fix

2 Likes

This is still an issue, and you can’t use the outline workaround as I noticed it occurring when I use the Set Variable prototyping functionality, font displays fine at first, then once I click the element that sets a string variable to another value, the font immediately breaks.

8 Likes

Same here… do realise these advanced features are in beta- fingers crossed this is fixed soon.

2 Likes

same here. i am using the variables for translations in different languages and when the prototype is set in another language and i click on a dropdown component to change the value it is resetting to the default language saying the font is missing and i am losing the translation.

this was working last month when i originally created the prototype, but now its getting more buggy.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Yep! Big help is needed here.

Still a big L Figma

2 Likes

Same issue here! Super annoying

This is also happening to me. Huge issue, as embedding is crucial for our documentation. Can we have any word about when can this be fixed?

Yep an issue we’ve run into with sharing a prototype with a client. Our only way around it at this point is outlining all our text in the mockup which defeats the purpose of many features and requires duplicating artboards to maintain versions with live text in. Would be good to know if there is anything on the roadmap for solving it.

This is insanity. 2 years and no solution, completely makes Figma prototyping useless. Not sure if shared fonts under an org plan solves the issue. Would happily upgrade plans, but then there is a 3 seat requirement?? For any solo-entreprenuer / designer this doesn’t work. If shared, non-local fonts do indeed work, this feature must be added to the base plans or offer a $45 single seat plan that includes it.

3 Likes

Still there :frowning:

December 2023 - Still the same issue. I don’t want to have to be giving the client a big list of "bear with"s and "excuse the bug"s when we show them the prototype! Pls find a solution

Same issue, it’s incredible bug. Two years and still not fixed?!?

Still having issue.

First time today. WTF? Over two years, a bug in the presenting feature that is shown to clients? This is unacceptable. I work with interactive components since the feature is out and never had this. It depends on the used font I found. It’s a licensed adobe font in my case. Perhaps that helps