Having similar issues. Just started to notice them a few days ago. The funny thing is I am literally using Arial. How can it not find Arial. I’ve had these button components working as variants since the beginning of the year, only just now had an issue. I can’t even try to replace the fonts because it doesn’t give me an option, just talks about automatically being replaced. Tried restarting Figma and reloading tabs, did not solve problem. I had to detach all of my buttons to get them to display properly.
Potentially helpful context: I only see the yellow missing font notification when previewing my prototype. In the main Figma design file there are no indications of font problems.
Message: Missing fonts in interactive components. This file contains interactive components with missing or local fonts (Arial Bold). These fonts will be automatically replaced inside interactive components…
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately after restarting my computer, checking for Figma updates, and reloading Figma tabs, I’m still seeing the yellow font error on my prototype preview. I checked and other Figma files using these same button components also show the error on the prototype.
One thing might have been fixed however. Yesterday in the prototype preview the buttons were actually displaying with the wrong style (why I had to detach them). Today, when I place a new button component in my file, the text is displaying correctly (bold) in preview even though I still have the yellow font warning. So maybe the font display issue itself has been resolved and we just need something else to clear that yellow warning? Unsure exactly. But thanks for looking into this.
Experiencing the same thing. All 3 designers who are on our project have the exact same copy of Archivo (a Google font) installed. We see no issues when in design mode, but in prototype preview we get the little yellow “A?” in the top bar. When you click on it this modal appears:
Hello Figma crew, this is a very bad, recurring bug. Has been happening ever since I can remember.
Some prototypes just don’t render a few spots where an icon font is used. These spots that Figma “picks” to not show are random when first creating the prototype, but when replaying the spots remain the same.
Sometimes during the presentation, the icons appear and disappear as shown in my attachment.
Please fix this asap. It should’ve been fixed ages ago and it has given me and my team a lot of grief over the past year.
We continue to experience this intermittent issue as well. Because interactive components are, of course, leveraged in demos with audiences that include potential clients, stakeholders, and leadership it, this bug really affects our ability to trust and rely on prototypes.
Discussion on related threads imply that this is no longer an issue as of the October release. I can confirm that we are still experiencing the issue as of March 2022.
We also still have problems with it and cannot rely 100% on the correct rendering in presentations. Especially when the link to the prototype is sent to the customer, there are discussions about wrong text formatting which does not reflect well on our work. The topic still isn’t solved!
We were having problems with this one also. Our solution was to flatten the icons and use them as components. This was a little bit painful process but we did it and now we have the benefit of searching an icon by name, unicode or description in the Component Search (the component description is filled up with those properties)