Missing font style when variables change

I really like the new variables feature but currently I’m struggling with it… I built some components, where I used variables within the text. When the value of the variable changes, the text style changes, more precisely the individual font will be removed. Is this a bug or does anyone has a hint for me?

19 Likes

Hi @Thomas54 that sounds odd. Can you please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to include a screen recording of the issue you are seeing, include the links to your file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look.

Same thing is happening to me. Already reported to support.

Example file:

1 Like

Same here, hope they fix it soon.

+1
Apart from this issue, variables are the best addition ever!

1 Like

I’ve also been struggling with this issue.

Same here. Weirdly enough it happens not every time, but like 80% of a time. We have 2 custom fonts we use regularly, and in one file both of the fonts are reset, in other files only one of them is reset. I recorded a Loom (no sound) to capture this occurring. Interestingly enough it doesn’t happen with Inter.

1 Like

This is happening to me too. I’m using a radio input to change the value of a text variable, which is then displayed on the page as a heading (“Chosen option: <variable>”)

When the prototype first loads the font is correct, but as soon as I change the variable text via the radio, it changes to Inter.

I remember a similar bug when interactive components first launched: Missing fonts in prototype - Interactive components

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Same here :frowning:

I’m also struggling with this problem.

It’s happening to me across multiple projects :frowning: Please fix!!!

I have the same problem.

Same here.

@Figma_Support
Do you have any update on the issue?

I received an email from the support last week saying that developers are analyzing this issue.

Having the same issue here, noticed that the prototype is throwing 400’s when trying to load the font from the figma api. If you look in the dev tools on your prototypes is this a consistent issue? I have all of the fonts loaded locally into the project but they are otf files not web served fonts so must be uploading these to a cdn and displaying from there.

Same issue here. Simple hover states are not working for clients when they work perfectly on my local machine. I have tried re-installing the fonts with no luck. This never happened until the last update. This is a show stopper for me.

Same issue for me as well

Just ran into this too. It’s a shame, I have a slick prototype that simulates data entry but I don’t want to share it until this is fixed.