LAUNCHED: Generate sticky notes from table data

Feature request - It would be awesome if we were able to take a list from a CSV or XLS, and paste it into Figjam and have it automatically populate into separate post-it notes to facilitate easy card sort activities and group brainstorming sessions.

3 Likes

Yes! I do it this way in Miro and this is the main reason Im not switching to Figjam for now. I don’t want to write every cell manually :joy:

1 Like

Concur! This is a super valuable feature. They have it in MURAL and Miro. It is the one thing holding me up on recommending Figma for my enterprise. Would love to be able to copy-paste text rows in/out as stickies. Or at least import/export from CSV/text file. (But copy-paste preferred)

1 Like

I’d love to have that one!

This would be great!! I really need it.

PLEASE!! Need this for affinity mapping for user research (interview notes into excel cells > jamboard > affinity maps > user insights)

2 Likes

Yup, need it for this exact reason

Released September 7, 2021.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’d love the ability to do a bulk creation for sticky notes similar to how I can do it in Miro.

I go into bulk mode and can just type and hit enter to create a new sticky note in the sequence to allow for very natural rapid data capture or brainstorming without having to click to create every note (which slows things down a lot.)

Once I’m done, I can either use the keyboard shortcut or just click a “Done” button and all of my sticky notes get created and placed onto the jam board so I can rearrange them as needed.

I can’t do this in FigJam and it’s very frustrating.

4 Likes

Found this earlier answer for bulk import from a CSV or Google Sheet: Bulk add post-it notes function - #9

1 Like

Thank you so much!! You have saved hours and hours worth of work!! Thank goodness for the generous Figma community!!

2 Likes

I am a UX researcher, and I use figjam for analysis quite a lot. Since you introduced table feature and removed copy/paste from spreadsheet cell into sticky notes feature figjam have become pain to work with.

Figjam was not as convenient for the sorting and analysis type of activities as other digital boards and now it got worth instead of getting better

1 Like

Hi @Gunay_Tariverdiyeva,
We hear you. The FigJam team is aware of this request. Feel free to vote up here: Generate sticky notes from table data. We’ll continue to pass along your feedback and desire to have it back.

2 Likes

Big fan of Figma and Figjam. I use it with my team for design and research. I big part of that process is creating sticky notes from csv sheets. Is there a video, or training I can attend to optimize our experience?

This was THE Number 1 feature for Figjam, that made the whole agency move over from Miro. Please give us a way to use the CSV-to-Sticky-Notes again! I see now there is some kind of plugin, but it is a very drastic change of functionality- I’m used to have Figma / Figjam improving with each update, not killing useful features, you might like to consider this next time, @Figma_Support!

2 Likes

Just submitting a comment in hopes this issue might be boosted. I cannot tell you what a pain point not being able to paste as stickies from a spreadsheet is. Not being able to do so has added - and I’m not exaggerating - hours of work. Please help - this issue will for sure drive me to look for outside alternatives for collaborative analysis.

This is EXACTLY what i needed. Thank you!!!

My team and me were flabbergasted to see that this core functionality has been turned off in FigJam! i blame YOU Adobe

1 Like