Figma Support Forum

Laptop/Monitor/iMac and Custom devices in Prototype

Hello,

I am currently searching for a way to present my prototypes in a “laptop/mac/screen” device. However in the prototypedevice dropdown I see no option for it.

is there a way to have a “TV” as device for example? Or a “Macbook”, or a “Monitor” or a “Custom-Device” ? If not that would be cool to include sometime.

Vic.

What’s the point of such device if you are already viewing the prototype on a computer?

@Gleb

For the same reasons there are currently all those other “mobile” devices.

• Not everyone is previewing it on a computer, sometimes it is projected in a large projector screen. Think about large presentations.

• It is especially useful to inform my colleagues how a web design mockup should look and work in the device it was originally concepted.

• Sharing Screenshots with the proper device transports overall a better feeling, all gives a “big picture” message.

• Why not?

1 Like

Hi there,
I would like to create a scrollable prototype in a macbook device, but I can choose only phone and tablet devices in the prototyping section.

Is there any way to create the same visual just in a laptop not in a mobile device?
Many thanks!
Réka

I would like to create a video about scrolling and clicking on the webapp. The easiest way would have been to have the laptop device and record my screen. However, if there are easy ways to do this, please share it with me :slight_smile: