Keyboard shortcut for Cursor Chat not available

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
On my Swedish layout keyboard I can’t find the “/” to start the Cursor Chat.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 12.26.38

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
Desktop

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Newest Chrome

4 Likes

same with my french (azerty) keyboard, on Apple MacOS

5 Likes

Same as Bruno

1 Like

yep, same issue on german keyboard.

3 Likes

Same here, using Spanish (spain) Keyboard and Chrome on Windows 10. Tapping on the “/” won’t bring up the chat. I have to activate manually.

Anyways awesome tool team of Figma, this is just what I was looking for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am using Portuguese Brazil keyboard and “/” did not work as well but I tried “;” instead and it works fine. Hope it helps!

2 Likes

Same for Finnish keyboard. Please Figma fix the hotkeys :weary:

1 Like

Hey All,

I understand your frustration, but this is the expected behavior right now for anyone with a non-US keyboard. You can access cursor chat by clicking the :sparkles: icon at the top of the page as shown in the screenshot, or you can ctrl + right-click on the canvas.

I’ve flagged this to the team to consider an alternative shortcut for non-US users.

Thanks @dvaliao ! So sad that Figma didn’t considered to remap shortcuts for other keyboard yet (or even US keyboard with a disfunctionnal button) but I hope it’ll come soon.

On AZERTY FR keyboards the “/” character is placed where “>” is on QWERTY US, and on QWERTY US keyboards the “/” character is placed where “=” is on AZERTY FR, but unfortunately it doesn’t work pressing one or the other to skip the problem :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @dvaliao

For this issue I would also like to raise the topic of diversity. How are Figma supporting a growing non-us centric design community?

From a business perspective, not addressing “tiny” issues like this could lead to increased dissatisfaction among the diverse design community out there.

From a societal perspective, this “tiny” issue of inaccessible keyboard shortcuts is hindering a diverse population of designers from growing. (Of course, we have to work harder and therefore get stronger, but…).

So @dvaliao, this is a topic and question to bring further in business ethical and team culture discussions.

Thanks for an awesome product. Hope to see you keep on pushing boundaries (beyond the design technically ones).

Same here with Finnish QWERTY keyboard on Macbook.
Experiencing several shortcuts not working. Very disappointing.

IS there any update @dvaliao ? The issue seems to exist also on Figma Design.

No update yet? Using the :sparkles: menu every time is not a good solution

1 Like

Yeah, no update yet? Using the right-click menu is not a good option

Same for the Italian kb.

Please, there are a lot of users that can’t access the cursor chat with /, and using the menu isn’t a good option at all. This is the same for Figjam & Figma.

Hey All,

Thank you for the additional feedback! We hear you - apologies that we don’t have an updated timeline to provide at this time.

Rest-assured, Figma is continuing to expand internationally and along with that must come multilingual design to reach our international audiences and better support the Figma community around the world. Stay tuned!

Hey, I discovered that pressing FN + ~ opens the cursor chat! :grinning:

Yeah, what’s going on here? Can’t use the cursor chat without right clicking all the time, which is not really practical :slight_smile:

Check this!