Copy and paste Figma comments

I often need to copy and paste frames to a different Figma page or elsewhere in the same page. However, comments are not copy-pastable to my knowledge.

These frames always contain valuable comment threads that I keep to record important discussions that have design implications.

My only recourse is to either (1) manually drag comments to a location in the same page or (2) manually create new comments and copy/paste the original comments’ text copy.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

My company lets developers access one master doc–us designers create our designs in our messy files, clean things up, and then paste everything in the master doc.

I LOVE THE COMMENTING FEATURE, but bc I can’t copy/paste comments, I can’t communicate specs/interactions with my dev team in this way. Can we make copy/pasting comments along with designs into another Figma file possible please?

Right now I have to transcribe comments into out-of-frame design elements for my handoff.

THANKS.

1 Like

YES PLEASE! This is absolutely necessary and would really improve the experience. So far there is nothing that solves this.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Stacy_Chen1 and @gabi4!

We’ve merged your request with an existing one to ensure we have an accurate gauge of interest from the community.