Exposed nested properties (preferred)

For heavy design systems work it would be very very helpful to designate preferred nested variant properties to expose. See example below. :point_down:

For example:
A top level component that contains an exposed nested instance that resizes an icon and has an icon swap instance.

The nested resize instance would indicate a preferred size variant since it relates to the button size.

Currently:
Exposed nested instances exposes all of the properties associated with it. On a default level this is great for customization, unfortunately, this opens the opportunity to break design patterns that are not intended.

3 Likes

I’d love this! Working with preferred values, I find myself having to duplicate variants of a component in order to set it individually as a preferred value (e.g. a component that can use certain variants of button, but currently I can only choose the single button component… no indicator other button types are available as well)

1 Like

Back this - and to clarify, it’d be amazing if you had a list of exposed properties per element that could be exposed or hidden from the end user via a checkbox within the dialog.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 2.54.30 pm

For the below, the props with a ‘lock’ emoji are for library level configuration, and aren’t intended to be editable at a consumer level.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 2.57.37 pm

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.