Editing components doesn't activate publish

Updating components doesn’t activate publish.

I make an edit to component in a file shared as a library. Usually this activates the ability to publish changes. But that is not happening. Nothing happens. To activate this I have to make an arbitrary change to another component. Doing this activates the function and I can publish.

However this does not activate the review function on any of the subscribing files.

How can I fi this so that it works as consistently as promised?

(UPDATE)
There was an invalid property. A showstopping problem the Figma UI does a great job of camouflaging.

10 Likes

Just wanted to comment here for anyone else’s sake, that this was absolutely the issue! In my case, somehow a property from a nested component was added to the larger component. Once I deleted that property from the larger component, I was able to publish it. Thanks for the update on this one!

6 Likes

just ran into this issue as well, thanks to this post for helping me because it was driving me crazy. @Figma_Support would be great to have a very obvious indicator when this is the issue because right now there is next to none

2 Likes

Omg! Just had the same issue. Invalid property would have been the last thing I’d have checked for.

1 Like

Same for me, that was a huge pain point I was not able to detect it till I read this thread.
Thanks for that.

And pretty poor mistake by Figma in terms of usability

3 Likes