Disabling parameters in nested components

I think that’s the new feature “nested components” need to be more functional. For example: I have a card with nested component button. But the only parameter that i need to edit is icon on this button, all other settings useless in this component. I thinks it will be cool if i can disable some of nested component’s paramters like show icon or btn size and leave only icon-type parameter. And it will be more cool if i can make preferred icons for nested component (in this card i can choose between filled like or unfilled)

2 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It would be really handy to be able to hide not all but some irrelevant nested instance properties on parent components, e.g. hide property for interaction states on a nested instance so that it won’t appear on parent component. This is for use cases where the specific property would need to be set at a parent level (larger component holistically), rather than solely for the nested instance.

4 Likes

bumping this up. similar thing with this thread (but unfortunately, it’s closed) Disabling parameters in nested components

4 Likes

Is it possible to give the users the option to show only one icon/ boolean prop at a time? I want to have the option to show either or, but not and

3 Likes

Same here. Would like to have this feature to organize nested variants.

1 Like

keeping this alive, so Figma adds this fature

Same as here. All the nested components makes it real unclear what i can change.
I want to focus on the changes of specific components, not all.
Thanks a lot for implementin!

Hello all, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We truly appreciate it and I’ve shared it with our internal team for future consideration.
I understand how this could be handy for our community members. Please don’t forget to vote up this idea (Vote button above the topic’s title :point_up:)!

Thanks,

1 Like

This would be a great help for organizing atomic design components. Our design kit has a lot of modular fields (e.g. text fields that could have leading icons, trailing icons, headers, footers, etc. in any combination) and making a component for every possible combination defeats the purpose of using these properties to begin with.

Either this, or the ability to inherit properties to the top-level component so that I can reorder them in the list in a way that makes more sense.