Expose nested instances -> at property level

With the new update, we have a great new feature, but unfortunately, it’s not usable with our component structure.
Exposing all props of a nested instance also exposes props that we don’t want in the context of the consuming component.

What if we could also select which properties to expose? This would lead to a cleaner sidebar with only valid props.

89 Likes

+1 Same Problems! We need the possibility to hide props we don’t want to export for our users.

11 Likes

+1 from me too, very much needed and it would be such a game changer in our DS. Hope this will be possible at some point!

10 Likes

+1, is really needed!

7 Likes

+1, this is really needed.

7 Likes

Same here. The feature is a very good start, but to make it really usable it should be possible to choose which properties from nested components should be exposed / or not in a specific context. Currently it’s everything or nothing. But everything might be too much.

6 Likes

I agree with Harald. It is important to choose which properties from nested components should be exposed / or not in a specific context :rocket:

6 Likes

Same. I think it is necessary to implement this improvement, in Sketch this option worked exactly like this

1 Like

100% this. I had this exact same thought yesterday. I’m also glad to hear that I wasn’t misremembering that this is an option in Sketch.

2 Likes

+1 currently I am not able to use this feature in many cases because it surfaces too many options and only few are needed on the component level.

2 Likes

Managing nested instance in a complex table component makes the table component itself unusable. You approach is simple and fix this issue +1

+1 - need capabilities to expose selected properties from within our nested instances. Cannot use this feature without it.

3 Likes

I’m running into this limitation, too. Being able to expose properties from nested instances is the right direction, but I need to be able to selectively expose properties, rather than an all-or-nothing toggle.

3 Likes

Replying to keep this alive. Our group would love this feature, as something like tabs or lists with nested components becomes such a massive list that they’re not usable.

2 Likes

Agree. It is vital to be able to mark props as private/public or simply specify which of nested components’ props should propagate to their parent.

2 Likes

+1, we really need this.

2 Likes

Keeping the thread alive, +1!

2 Likes

We need this as well!

2 Likes

+1 This would make exposing nested instances much more useful for my team as well.

2 Likes

+1, need this

2 Likes