Deprecations: Library update (name) with hidden components problem

Hi,

I don’t know if some of you also encountered this issue:

• If my team needs to deprecate a component, we:
    • Hide it in the library
    • Add a "Deprecated: " to the component name
    • Add a description to not use the component anymore
    • Release a library update

The thing is… updates of hidden components (e.g. naming of a “button” component now is a “.Deprecated: button” component) are not pushed into when releasing a library. Instead of the new layer name (".Deprecated: button"), the old name still remains. This makes it hard to identify deprecations. Does this sound familiar? Ist anyone else dealing with deprecations differently?

Best,

Chris

I’m currently encountering the same issue! I renamed the deprecated component and updated its description but after publishing and accepting those updates into my files, neither of those changes appear on instances of the deprecated component.

@Figma_Support

1 Like

Same issue here. Even searching in the assets panel shows the old name

I know this is super late for a couple of you, but would everyone here be willing to share copies of your files with support so they can try replicating the search results?

You can file a ticket here, and someone will get back to you: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001744374

Adding the “.” before the name hides the changed style from the library and wont be published. I renamed all my new styles that were .font-variant-1–xx–yy to just font-variant-1–xx–yy and they are now being published/updated