Delay smart animation only plays once

I’m recreating a simple animation that I originally made in code, but using just Figma Interactive Components with the newer delay functions.

In the GIF below, you can see that the ripple effect expands and fades onClick which is expected. Then the same ripple is shown to circle back the animation to the beginning of the sequence. However, on the second run through of the prototype, the ripple doesn’t animate and just appears, which seems unexpected. Everything works when restarting the prototype.

The playground file I’m using is here, so y’all can take a look at what I’m setting:

2 Likes

Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am trying to create a component that animates (floats up) every time the page is visited.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the exact same issue, I made a component that has a variant in two steps which is set up to animate every time a page is loaded. But the animation only ever plays on the first load, and never again unless I reload the preview

Very quick update, checking this option in the “Navigate to” interaction of the button that changes my pages seems to have fixed it! I don’t know how I didn’t realize this sooner

1 Like