Component ignore the overrides in prototype mode

The bug appears recently. Looks like everything works fine in Figma file. So I have two states of the dropdown one closed and the second open with a nested list.

In the prototype mode components behave like they should if I start them from OPEN STATE but if I start from the CLOSED STATE then thy all data are cleared inside the list and it always showing me the content from the main component.

open-close-state-info

3 Likes

this happened to me recently, not with a dropdown, but with a tooltip, (same case, 2 states only)

in my case was the text, it was defaulting to the original component text.

this morning i just re did everything and worked as expected… idk what happened.

Well if the only solution is to redo everything then, in my opinion, Interactive components are useless. In my case, I have 4 nested components in this dropdown and then I need to redo it in different styles it’s a lot of effort plus all links for components in other files will be destroyed. It cannot be that some base logic in the feature is broken without any explanations because the time invested to work with this feature is wasted. The point of having interactive components is to save time and do less base prototyping for the components that we are using in many places and they have the same logic. Would be great if someone from #Figma team could give a comment here.

Hi, Carlos can you tell me how you redid it because if I create another test component in my variant it still doesn’t work. And all nested components work fine just in the last always use the default last component text even if I create the new one still has the same bug :frowning:

Even I am facing a similar issue when I’m trying to create a tooltip element, in the prototype the hidden variant opens up with the main component overide. Did someone find a solution for this ?

Такая же проблема. Невозможно работать. Я потратила несколько часов на переделывание интерактивных компонентов в надежде, что это поможет. Но нет. Все равно открывается контент по умолчанию.

Any updates here?
Having the same issue.

Need an update on this. Having the same issue encountered.

same issue, super annoying :crying_cat_face:

Hi! same issue here. And just happen with some of them :woman_shrugging:t2:

Same… The component works great with default content. Then I use an instance of it, change image, change copy, all fine in the drawing board. Hit prototype and in the proto everything is back to defaults, image and copy texts blocks

having the same problem with this

also dealing with this issue

Hello,

Just found a quick solution for this because my issue to make a menu with sub element that we can expand.

You have to do your component open with all sub items and for the closed one you have to HIDE the item list and it should work.

I my case the child element was ADDED when opened and not HIDE/SHOW so it took the previous version of the component.

Martin34, thanks a lot for sharing this tip! This issue drove me crazy for the last 2 days, I tried so many things but to no avail… Until I found your message, and now it works fine, just as intended!

Also having this issue with an accordion menu component. Very frustrating.

1 Like

Please see an example from this post: Text property does not work properly - dropdown menu - #9 by tank666.