I can’t click to send the comment
Thanks for reporting. Sent this over to the team and updated the title to be a little more clear.
Hi Thomas! Thanks for flagging this, the team is looking at this. In the mean time, I’m wondering if you could pan around the canvas to get the reply button to be unblocked?
No matter how I move the canvas the button is always behind it, even zooming doesn’t help much.
Thomas, Thank you for confirming. I’ll pass on this detail to the dev team as well!
I also have the same issue. On longer comment threads I lose whole parts of the reply behind the floating toolbar.
Same problems in our team! No matter how far I scroll down, “REPLY” button is hidden. We like longer comments.
When you open a comment that has multiple replies, the dash at the bottom (where you can select sticky, etc.,) blocks the reply section of the comment and you would need to close the comment and move the comment pin over and then reopen the comment to hit reply
Or you have to hold space and drag the comment thread to the left or right
1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
When I have to reply to a comment, and there are already a few comments, the “Reply” field is hidden by the FigJam action bar.
So I have to move around to see “Reply” and be able to write a new comment.
2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
How to reproduce :
- Write enough comments in a thread so that the comment window is high enough to fill the entire height.
- Then try to reply to the last comment. It should normally be hidden by the action bar.
3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
I experienced the issue on the MacOS app
5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Figma MacOS Desktop App version 98.13
When a comment thread gets too long, the “Cancel” and “Reply” buttons extend down too far, until they are covered by the bottom toolbar. This makes it so that I can’t reply to comments.
I am using the desktop application for Windows.