“Reset all changes” without changing the modified text in the variants

Hi all!

I would like to share with you this question with the community, as I have been researching a bit and found nothing. I saw someone shared before this question, but there was no answer and the feed is closed now. [Change "Reset all changes" to "Reset specific changes + drop down menu"](https://Link to the post). ----> Please, read this one for more info.

It would be great to hear if anyone has any trick that allows them to reset all changes, without reverting the text content to the original component one.

Any tricks or solutions that might be already in placed?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi,

Since making that post I have come across something that I think addressed the original issue. Here’s a screenshot of a variant that has fill and stroke changes applied to it, and it can let you rest each individually.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

5 Likes

Hi!

This is super useful. Thanks for your quick reply and oppening the original discussion.

It’s good to see how this has been implemented :slight_smile:

Thnx!

Hi,
Wasn’t aware of this function! Thank you!

Thanks for sharing, however seems that capability is not present for all. How did you get that to display?

When I go to the menu icon, I only see to ‘Reset all changes’

3 Likes

Same as here. I can only reset all changes or just fill and stroke… I wish the texts I inserted won’t go back to the dummy text :frowning:

1 Like

That’s nice, but If I change stuff that isn’t stroke or fills that a bummer

1 Like

‘Reset all changes except text’ would be a valuable productivity boost!

@Figma_Support

7 Likes

since the text is already inside of the component and lets say you want to change letter spacing, and apply that on all instances that have already altered text content (setting wont apply on those instances unless you “reset all changes” which resets all content to the master component, ), simply make a new text style and apply it to the the master component text field . and it will update on all other instances, without changing their content.

A post was merged into an existing topic: “Reset all changes” resets to the original master component even when I’ve swapped in a different component

Another UX solution can be to define the text layer on the component itself in a way that it can stay with the instance text when updating it. And when I want to update an instance, I have the option to update it with the default of not updating the text because I have defined that on the component itself.

This is a great solution if I were creating the main component myself. I’m trying to figure this out if I’m bringing the components in from a larger design system. In this case, I might have to detach the component and redefine the text box, then create a new component (not so ideal). Might you have a solution for this scenario? I’m also not getting the ‘reset specific changes’ sadly