Capped framerate in prototype?

Hi there!

I feel like when I’m playing with my prototype in the Figma app, the animations framerate is capped to 24 or 30 fps. However, it feels a lot more fluid in the desktop app.

Is this behavior deliberate? I wish I would have the same experience on both!

My phone is an iPhone 12, so I don’t think the hardware is the issue.

3 Likes

Running into the same thing on my Pixel 5. I prefer interacting with the prototype on my phone but the experience is very noticeably smoother on my computer.

1 Like

Thanks for this feedback, we’ve passes this along the team

1 Like

@Robert_Bye do you have any updates on this one? I am also experiencing this issue on my phone…

We’re still very actively looking into this, and there should be some tangible improvements in the coming weeks. Thanks again for the feedback!

I have the same issue, really low frame rate for animated transitions both on my iMac and iPhone… would be ideal if Figma could produce 60fps at minimum :pray:t2:

Hey, Robert.

Has there been any progress with frame-rate performance improvements for prototyping you mentioned?

Has anyone experienced any significant improvement on this slow frame rate issue in the app (in my case iPhone 12 Pro)?
To me it seems nothing has changed since this thread started (except more control over different types of animation).

Hi I’m getting this issue, in my mbook pro m1,

I have an interaction with movements, blur, gradients, and it looks like 10fps

someone knows if is there anything we can do?