Can't selectively apply color variables to words in component instances

Would be nice if we were able to selectively apply color variables to words within a paragraph. That’s the way it worked previously with the legacy color styles, but doesn’t seem to be supported by the newly introduced color variables.

One use-case for this is inline text buttons or hyperlinks, where we’d want to apply an accent color to the interactive element.

Here’s a live example of the a “Flow cover” component, the left one uses color variables and doesn’t work, the right one uses color styles and can be styled as expected.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I’m trying to mock a coding environment. Sadly, using color variables doesn’t let me change the color of words within a paragraph. Real bummer since I’m designing for both light and dark mode. This would be so easy to do using variables… I hope this is a future feature they plan to add. Feels like a bug right now.

1 Like

Testing a bit more, it looks like this works well when editing a random paragraph or a master component, but it doesn’t work when trying that on the instance of a component. So, definitely feels like a bug.

Gonna edit the title and tags accordingly…

Seems to be fixed on my end now! Any chance on your side @Daniel_Moon ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.