Better plugin window management (fixed sidebar, multiple windows, etc.)

Thanks , i couldn’t find it in forum, I will close this

yes there should be a plugins tab on the sidebar just like assets. this is much easier to access than having it popup in an external window in front of my work each time. having the plugins organized on the left sidebar and then i can click through them is much better

1 Like

Hi, sorry to dig up this topic but maybe this will help others in the future…
A plugin is now available and allows to navigate between different plugins :wink:

https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1200708084659766553/

When I press Shift+I to insert a component/widget/plugin I want to be able to navigate between these three tabs with my keyboard. Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

There is currently no such way. So feel free to leave your feedback and vote in this thread: Shortcut (Alt + 4) to open new plugins panel.

Hi, sorry to dig up this topic but maybe this will help others in the future.
A plugin is now available and allows to navigate between different plugins :wink:

https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1200708084659766553/

Unfortunately the link is broken :confused:

The plugin was working properly but it didn’t meet the requirements of Figma apparently

Do you recall what it was called? I would like to follow it in case they come up with a compatible version

It’s not a version issue, they just removed the plugin.

it returns me 404 :sob:

Sorry for the trouble!

This plugin was flagged by several other creators in the community, since it would scrape the code of other plugins. We were forced to remove it from the community, since it went against our Community Guidelines.

We hope to implement better plugin management without the use of a plugin in the future.

I’ve discovered a temporary workaround to display plugins on a second monitor! Simply open another Figma window with the same project (one in the browser and one in the Figma app), then open the plugin in the browser window. Voilà!

1 Like

We really need to have sidebars to be dragged outside the Figma app, like Photoshop, it’s taking up so much space. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!

2 Likes

For gods sake yes, I need this more than copying and pasting prototype noodles :sweat_smile:

External windows for plugins would be best for my plugins and those I use please.

Restricting plugins to a sidebar would be worse than current situation of being able to place the plugin window anywhere over the top of the Figma window.

Being able to run multiple plugins would be helpful.

Thanks!