Allow importing of commonly used file types

Please allow importing of common file types such as: .pdf, svg,
Would be also great if .svg files could be recoloured in figjam.

5 Likes

Is this just for FigJam? Because normal figma still doesnt import common files, specifically PDFs.

This is a huge blocker for me - crazy that a modern design tool cannot support PDF import!

How can I upvote/ensure that this covers FIgma too? Is there a seperate ticket?

3 Likes

Yes! PDF import would be a game changer especially for FigJam. Miro supports PDFs out of the box and it makes it difficult to switch to FigJam.

3 Likes

Pdf import support would be so important in figjam! I show a lot of different canvases to my students and it’s a mess having to convert to jpg every time (and it loses quality too)

1 Like

Would love to have the ability to import a PDF and split out the pages via one click.

This is a great feature on Miro and would be amazing to include for Figjam.

2 Likes

Why so little votes here?
PDF import would be game changer.
Also importing Power Point presentations

The target audience for this feature might not be too large given that Figma is mostly aimed at designers. I am an academic, and one feature I absolutely need is importing PDF files and then being able to annotate on them as well as a large canvas around them to add more information. OneNote has this feature but not implemented very well as when I import the PDF it is converted to a raster which means it gets all pixelated. If FigJam had this one feature while working in the browser (and thus all my devices) it would be super awesome and if anyone can do it, I am sure it is you guys. Great work so far, big fan.

PDF import will be not feasible. importing pdf into word doc itself a challenge.
the easier way around is to create a plugin for Adobe Photoshop, illustrator, and other softwares to be able to export it as FSD file “Figma Source Document”

all files exported as FSD can be edited by figma
let the content creater choose to export to PDF or FSD

PDF is a propreitary technology, instead of fighting with adobe
better and easier to create FSD as an universal format
Illustrator plug-ins (adobe.com)