Ability to "auto-layout" two text nodes as one block of text, flowing continuously?

I have 2 texts - short one and a long one. The long one must start from the same, first line, and then continue below it as it were one text block (sample 1).

I got as far as adding “paragraph indent” to the second node from sample 2, creating “static” solution.

Is there a way to create auto-layout ie if I edit first text, the second one moves back or forth accordingly?

1 Like

This cannot currently be achieved with auto layout. But you can have one text object instead of two, in which you can set the font weight you want for a certain range of text.

This is more important now with Variables since variable text doesn’t account for multiple font styles (font weights, italics, etc.) within the same Text block when applied to a Text block.

Thus, you’d need two (or more) consecutive Text components with single styles. For example, I want to display “@Mention Name Here is the text of the message”. When I apply a text variable to this, the bold style is being overridden and it all appears as normal weight font.

I ran into this problem when building with Variables and cannot find a solution.

1 Like