Figma links should open in the App. Stop cluttering my tabs. It’s bad enough to have to have the Figma forum open for all the things wrong about this app.
Hi @jamiegraydesign ,
By default, when you click on a Figma link, Figma will open the link in the browser.
If you want to open all Figma URLs in the desktop app, you can enable the Open links in desktop app setting. You can find this in your Preferences .
Please remind you can only access this setting if:
- You have the desktop app installed
- You are using the browser version of Figma. This setting isn’t available in the desktop app.
- Open the menu and hover over the Preferences option.
- Select the Open links in desktop app setting.
- A checkmark will be displayed next to the setting to show it is enabled. If there is a check next to the the setting already, you can select the setting again to disable it.
Hope it helps!
Can confirm, this setting no longer exists in the current version when opening a Figma link. This issue seems to have been plaguing Figma users for quite some time. Any definitive solutions in near future?
Similar issue here - the option to enable opening in app appears under Preferences, but does nothing when checked. I’m logged in, but the option to open in desktop app doesn’t show, instead it has “Get desktop app”.
I am also having this issue, but with Figma not opening the mobile app on iPhone. Is there a workaround specifically for mobile?
@Carl_Antone the option can only be found when opening a design file on the browser. It’s not available on the desktop app.
This is a stupid solve. All of us have to share prototypes with people that don’t use Figma often – thus don’t have the native Figma app – AND people that do. The control should be at the Copy Link level.
The fact that you can only set this when a Design file is OPEN, does not help if anyone is having issues with WebGL or getting files to open in the desktop. Why is this not a setting in the desktop app itself? It’s infuriating.