Uh oh... we cant open that file

We can t open that file dtcause we re having trouble with WebGL. Please try restarting the desktop app.
If this problem persists, your graphicscard or driver may not be supported.

Hello, please help me with this. Here are the characteristics of my PC:
OS Windows 10,
Monitor: 1920 x 1080,
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz,
RAM: 16.0 GB (available: 15.8 GB),
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.
Is it possible to somehow work normally in figma without acquiring anything new for a PC? If not, then tell me what you need to purchase. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried to open figma in a browser?

Your graphics card should be more than enough. Have your checked your drivers or update your OS?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried everything

Do you think buying an SSD drive will help?

This doesn’t have to seem to have something to do with your general hardware components.

Like mentioned in the error itself, there seems to be a conflict with your graphics card driver.

Can you may try to first uninstall and than reinstall the latest Nvidia driver? Latest Nvidia 1650 driver
Does the error persist?

1 Like

unfortunately yes

I want to add that in small projects the program does an excellent job. This problem occurs only when working with large files with a large number of components and hidden layers.

How large is large?

Do you may have access to another device to check your file? Or is it possible to share the faulty file?

Maybe there is something corrupt with the file or any of its assets itself?

1 Like

I think that the problem is not in the file itself, because my friends are calmly working with it. This happens with all the large files I have

@Figma_Support is there some sort of error-log, so @tomk6766 can get any further details, why he can’t open the files? The used hardware should be decent enough.

1 Like

We just faced this issue with our client. Several users there got the WebGL error, even though their browsers had it installed. After a while, some of them were able to get in, but others haven’t been able to.

A few other posts did a manual fix via a restart, which is odd.