Support for zoom in presentation view

The presentation view needs to support zoom. Currently it’s impossible to view large frames in presentation view as we’re limited to 3 options:

1. 100% display at full size
  2. Fit scale down to fit
  3. Scale down or up to fill

#1 displays the content too big, and #2 and #3 display the content too small.

6 Likes

You can zoom in and out with Cmd/Ctrl [+] or [-] but the zoom resets once you switch the frame for some reason.

Thanks for your reply. Although I cannot get Cmd/Ctrl [+] or [-] to work in the view modes: Fit, Fill, or Width.

When the view mode is set to 100% (the initial designs load too large), and I can only zoom in, greater than 100%, but not out.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.21.00 AM

Would love for Figma to address this, as right now it is impossible to view large frames in presentation mode.

It’s been request that all our work be sent as presentation links, which require additional work from us to break the designs down into bitesized pieces that can be viewed using this presentation mode UI.

If Figma were to enable the zoom controls found in the main interface in presentation mode, this would allow leadership to more easily move around the designs within the presentation mode.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue in presentation mode on an Ipad, I do not own a laptop or desktop currently. Is there any way to fix to this? I have tried adjusting the zoom settings on the main interface, but didn’t have any luck and I tried every option. I included a pic of my filter on the header in presentation mode

I was just looking for this, myself - I had an embarrassing moment in a presentation this AM where I needed to zoom to help someone viewing the presentation on a very small screen. I could zoom, using the keyboard as I would normally have expected, but then I could not scroll. For the remainder of the presentation, I had to zoom out to scroll to the correct part of the page or navigate to a new page, and then I had to zoom back into the content I wanted to share – was dizzying.

My workaround right now is presenting in Chrome (the only browser I’ve tested this with) and using the native zoom features of the browser itself to zoom.

This appears to preserve my ability to scroll, and it also seems to allow me to get pretty close to filling my screen.

I hope this helps.

Please this is something that needs to be addressed. It’s mid-2023 and still the same problem persists. It’s a pain point for us, Figma users, to share a presentation that cannot be zoomed in.

1 Like

We also really need this feature… it’s pretty much a dealbreaker for our team.

1 Like

Yes, boss just pointed out they prefer presenting directly as a pdf file because of the zoomability.