Suggestion: Hide UI without hiding share button and avatars

When i am in a meeting, if i am on a small screen i need to hide the UI (Show / Hide Ui command). However, this option also hides the tool bar at the top with the share buttons and avatars. But these buttons, while in a meeting, are very useful because:

• by pressing the avatar I can follow the client as they talk through design
  • with the share button I can share the document to the last person who joined late.

would anyone else like this feature?

4 Likes

YES. This would be incredibly useful for when my design team does reviews. We follow the lead designer around as they present their work, but often pan/zoom elsewhere to leave a comment, zoom out to see the overall context, or jump back to look at a previous screen. None of those diversions require the full set of tools.

I wish it was as easy to resume following someone as it is to stop following them.

Today, to resume following the presenter, I have to:

1. Cmd + \ to show UI
  2. Click the tiny dropdown to show all the avatars, because only 3 are shown at a time (and when you’re on a larger team, the odds of the avatar you want getting shown at the top level are slim to none)
  3. Click the avatar of the person presenting
  4. Cmd + \ to hide the UI

Maybe you could:

• Have a “resume following” button that appears contextually?
  • Or a keyboard shortcut to resume following?
  • Or a keyboard shortcut to start following anyone, and another to cycle through who I’m following?
  • Or if I have the screen width, show more than 3 avatars at the top level?
  • Or if I have the screen width, in presentation mode show the avatars in a container in the tab bar?
  • Or have a “presentation viewing” mode, similar to what OP described?

FYI- the meeting audio & video happens in google meet, and all the designers have figma open.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.