Shortcut for add variant

Is there a shortcut for add variant to a single component? (i.e. starting a multi-variant component from a non-variant component.) I can’t find it. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for this.

‘Add variant’ is available with right-clicking a non-variant component, but this is the context-menu. If it was in the Mac OS menu I could add a custom Mac OS shortcut but it’s not listed there.

6 Likes

Yeap there is missing an add variant button in the interface.

For me, it was long to think of the right click option.

I vote for a restoration of the add variant cta

2 Likes

There is one, and it’s now in the top toolbar

1 Like

Yes, the button exists and it’s now appears to only be available in top bar. I would prefer to have it in the Inspect panel as well, as it used to be. I guess there’s been a ton of work put in to the redesign of the Inspect panel with the new release and it was removed.
But it would be very nice to have a keyboard shortcut for this action regardless.

2 Likes

Every time after creating a component we have to click the add variant icon in Figma. A shortcut for adding variants may save some time.

4 Likes

I would love to have a shortcut for it, instead of navigating to the top. #loveShortcuts

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks all for the feedback!

We’ll pass this onto the team for future consideration.

2 Likes