Sharing only prototypes with NOT-designers

Hi Figmists, Figmologists and Figmers!
I need to share a prototype with a client, but I realized that he MUST be logged in Figma to access to the prototype, isn’t it?

Is there a way to share a prototype without forcing a not-designer to joing Figma? (as in Sketch Cloud, for example)

Thank you for the attention
Bye!

No, you don’t need to be logged in as long as the prototype sharing permissions are set to “Anyone with the link can view” instead of “Only people invited to this file”. More info: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040531773-Share-links-to-public-and-private-files#Update_link_sharing_settings

Hi Gleb, thanks for your quick response.
I’ve already set up that Anyone with the link Can view the prototype.
But it doesn’t work: I try to open the link in a remote Chrome window, but it’s always asking me to log in to Figma.

EDIT-1
I add an information. When I try to copy-paste the Link on a browser, the URL in the bar quickly change in https: //www.figma.com/login
EDIT-2
What did you say works only with “Can view” option, not with “Can view prototype only” option.

Are you sure you set the correct settings? I just tried, when I set it to Can view prototype only it still opens the prototype just fine in Incognito. Maybe you are trying to open the file link instead of the prototype when it’s set to can view prototype only?

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 13.17.49

I think that eveything is correct :frowning:
I attached a link of my Incognito behaviour and of my sharing setting

My prediction was correct: you are trying to open the file link, not the prototype. To get the prototype link, you need to copy the link from the prototype, not from the file.

2 Likes

Oh yeah!
Thank you so much.
My mistake was confusing the Sharing options of the file with the Sharing options of the Prototype.

I’ve been having a similar problem, but also I don’t have the option to ‘can view prototypes only’ as I only have a starter plan. Does this mean my prototype opens up as wireframes? As this is what one of my testers is seeing and they aren’t designers so it confuses them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.