"Scroll to" objects in different frames

Currently Figma only allows scrolling to objects within the same frame. This makes difficult to hyperlink to a particular location in a different frame. E.g. when making the main navigation menu in a website to navigate to specific headings in a different page

21 Likes
  1. While creating a clickable prototype, I want to enable a button to take the user to a specific scrolled position on another frame/ artboard. Currently, I can only use the ā€œscroll toā€ feature if it is within the same page.

Would it be possible for the Figma team to solve this by having an added interaction called ā€œNavigate to scrolled positionā€ and allow the user to connect from an item in one screen to another item in a different screen? The prototype would then seamlessly shift between screens and incorporate scrolls.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 2.50.08 PM|379x345

Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?

11 Likes

+1 to this - @Figma is this being considered?

4 Likes

Yes Iā€™m having the same issue :frowning:

1 Like

@anon21722796 Is this feature going to be added? It would be great to link to a specific section in another page vs. just the default top. Let me know. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hello! Was this issue ever solved for? Thank you!

1 Like

This is a crucial feature! Mobile sites donā€™t have space for full navigations and require the hamburger menu overlay. How else can one prototype a mobile single-page site?

When is this feature being added?

2 Likes

A work around would be to navigate to the other page(make another copy or else the original page will scroll) and scroll to position from there after delay

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I did lol, but the problem is that I wonā€™t be able to click on that anchor link and scroll again since I am already on that copied page, you donā€™t want your original page to scroll

Hello, have you tried the after delay interaction? It could solve the need. Once the frame loads (100ms) you can scroll to a specific layer. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey Team! ANY chance this is a feature youā€™re considering yet?

1 Like

Hey Figma team! This would be great if you fix this! :pray:

+1 to this, this comes up quite a bit when designing for mobile website screens

Another +1. This would be really helpful if Figma can add this to the next update!

PLus one to this

+1 for this feature.

Iā€™d love thatā€¦ miss my old rp.

1 Like

Iā€™m overwhelmed for this, because it one of the ā€œbasicsā€ elements of navigation. I just canā€™t fit in me

1 Like

+1
Yes, canā€™t believe this basic function is not a part of the app.

Soooo miss Axure!!!

1 Like

+1 I really need this!

Actually got this sort of working by copying the menu (with working interactions to Scroll To frames in its own page) to another pageā€¦ then combining ā€˜Clickā€™ and ā€˜Mouse downā€™ interactions to allow both Navigate To and Scroll To on mouse clickā€¦ but as soon as I removed the interaction I could not readd it. I think itā€™s not intended behavior :slight_smile: Would be very nice to have one single ā€˜Navigate To ____ and on that page, Scroll To ____ā€™ interaction.

1 Like