Hey team Figma!, our UX team has been really excited to experiment with the screen reader accessibility beta feature introduced by Figma.
We discovered a few things that can help make the feature better. So we would like to request feature enhancements with the following changes -
- Provide an easier more reliable way to enter accessibility mode, or make accessibility mode the default.
- Allow us to adjust layer type or apply a screen reader specific type label to all of our layers
- Turn on multi-key kb interactions (examples: Ctrl+F6, Ctrl+shift+F6)
- Make non-interactive elements focusable
- Support browse mode in NVDA at least.
- Focus interaction so we can show when things are in focus/selected.
- Allow for interactions within auto layouts, frames, and groups
Happy to elaborate on the points if we can get a point of contact from Figma.