Running a prototype changes font weight!

When I design a presentation on Figma (as a prototype), I add the correct weight for each font (Regular, Medium, Bold, Italic) - when I present it, some of the texts’ font weight revert to Regular.

Does anyone else have a similar issue? Know of any solutions so that the font weight won’t change when running a protoype? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hey @_SD_Miguel_Prado, thank you for reaching out!

Please answer me the question below, I need further information on you issue to investigate.

Is this happening in the desktop app and in the browser?

Could you try viewing this prototype in full Present mode rather than Preview to see if this changes anything for you?

Could you confirm if you’ve installed a custom font?

Also are you seeing any missing font warnings?

Are you using variables for your prototype?

Are you able to share a screen recording and if possible your file with me? Please invite support-share@figma.com with “can edit” permission so I can look into this further. Note that users with @figma.com emails on your team do not count towards your billing.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Gayani_S, thank you for your reply!

This has only happened to me on desktop, not browser.

I can confirm this issue appears when in Present mode.

It is indeed an installed custom font, though I have made sure to have all the variations properly downloaded. (No font warnings)

Though I am using components on this prototype, the issue appears on specific texts outside the components.

Sadly, I cannot share the file, since it’s work-related (confidential).

Best

Hey @_SD_Miguel_Prado, thanks for confirming this!

Let me double check this with our technical quality team. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience in the meamtime!

1 Like