Re-opened 'Can I swap out an image have the layer name update?'

Continuing the discussion from @Chad_Ashley Can I swap out an image and have the layer name update?:

Is there a resolution to this issue? I have the same need/want to be able to have my layer names update with the image being updated.

3 Likes

I also need this. Iā€™m constantly changing out images and exporting images in components, this means that I need to manually change the names of layers which really slows down the process.

4 Likes

I need this too! Really helpful to maintain image names when doing retouching. Is there a solution to this anyone has found?

2 Likes

Iā€™m just starting with Figma, & this is a major problem. When concepting designs with FPO Art/images (that have not been retouched) itā€™s seems to be impossible to track images. When swopping in & out FPO images in a layout they retain the name of the first place image or worst ā€˜rectangleā€™. When I have an approved design & need to send 100ā€™s of images to me be marked-up for retouching & colour correction, I can simple ā€˜packageā€™ like Adobe InDesign, to pull on my images. Not having the correct name in Figma on place images make this so time consuming & risks the wrong images being re-touched & replaced. Adding expense. Being able to BATCH replace images would be great. An InDesign document linking to 100ā€™s of images, could be updated in minutes vs hours in Figma. (just by replacing a folder of FPO images with the corrected images or relinking the images files threw the Links palette)

Plus, I canā€™t seem to find a way to quickly tell if an imageā€™s XY axis has been distorted when the image is replace?? Figma really needs to just copy the same properties palette that inDesign has (XY reference point, XY % image size, placement). Iā€™ve try the ā€œproportional scaleā€ plus-in, not sure how an image is size to 50% & you hit enter, it NOW re-sizes to 100%?

3 Likes