I’ve been using Figma prototypes in my unmoderated user testing, and all my prototypes take upwards of 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load for my users. I’ve been able to replicate the problem on both my desktop and mobile device. Once the prototype has loaded, it works well enough (albeit a little laggy), but the upfront loading time is frustrating my users before they even get into testing my product.
I’ve tried a lot of things to fix this, but nothing seems to remedy the problem. My prototypes aren’t overly complex - only 5 frames, with overlays swapping in and out. I am working out of a fairly sizable file (.18 GB with ~10 pages and 100k layers), but it’s nothing massive. I’ve also tried duplicating just the prototype page, and it has the same load problems. The only thing I can think of is that I have image files on every screen, but I’ve compressed them as much as I can without reducing usability. Another thing that might be the culprit is the Interactive Components beta feature, but I have it disabled so I’m not sure why it would still be affecting load times.
There are others on my team that are having the same problems, but I haven’t found anything recent on this forum that could help.