Prototype freezing - removing mouse enter variant change resolved the issue

@Andrew_Chan should the fix be pushed out? I’m seeing this file still freezing.

Hey folks - apologies, yesterday’s hotfix deploy was delayed to today due to backend issues. It should be up now! Please let me know if you are still experiencing the bug.

3 Likes

just tried and it was working fine. Thank you!

2 Likes

Works now, great, thanks.

Yeah, everything works again! Thanks :slight_smile: You guys are awesome!

Can confirm. Thank you so much @Andrew_Chan and dev team! :heart: :purple_heart: :blue_heart: :green_heart:

@Andrew_Chan I’m now having the same problem. It was working flawlessly three days ago

1 Like

+1 bug is come back

Hey @Mike_Tshimanga and @Yulia - sorry for the inconvenience. If possible, could you share either your file or a setup that reproduces your bug with me? Feel free to DM me; you can make sure I have access to the file by inviting me via email: achan@figma.com. Thanks!

I have given you access to view the Figma file.

Hey @Mike_Tshimanga - we’ve identified an issue with hover states in your prototype and pushed a fix. Can you refresh and confirm that the bug no longer occurs?

@Andrew_Chan The hover bug doesn’t occur anymore. Thanks for your help; I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Same problem in October. The prototype runs nicely until I start interacting with any of the interactive components. The buggy component has “hover”, “on click” and “mouse leave” states.

Apparently if I remove them from my DS library they starts working again.

I was working on a prototype when I had a freeze on the mouse enter action, what caught my attention the most is that only one screen out of several that use the same components was freezing, so I started to remove all screen components and went moving to a new screen, until I found the problem, in a component inside the screen, I had added the mouse enter and mouse leave action in the same component, that is, the action happened in all frames of the simulation and therefore, all the other simulations didn’t happen. :slight_smile:

Hint: it would be nice if it were impossible to add a 1ms mouse enter along with a 1ms mouse leave, it causes all screen components to freeze. :slight_smile:

Edit: Sorry about my english, i’m from Brazil. :smiley:

Hey folks, I’m running into a freezing issue that is similar in a lot of ways to what is described here, which the exception of a solution.

I have a set of button variables with different states (hover, pressed, natural) that have interactive components that was working just fine the other day in a prototype.

Today it starts freezing without any changes made, and after hours of digging and rebuilding the component interactions, I found that when my interactive components are within other larger organisms, they freeze midway and stop working. The moment I isolate them, and more importantly keep that on the “front” of whatever I’m designing, they work. If there is a fix for this I would love to here it. I’m hoping this is just some temporary instability with figma’s prototyping tools.

@Andrew_Chan I’m having the same issue now — seems to have started yesterday and hasn’t resolved with the latest update, refreshing, or restarting.

I do have quite a few complex component interactions (i.e. component interactions within component interactions), but they were all working seamlessly for months prior to yesterday. Even some older files that previously had no freezing issues are freezing now.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem since yesterday, before that all my prototypes were functioning well, but since yesterday prototype page freezes every time and I have to close and reopen the prototype every time.
I tried removing most of the mouse enter/mouse leave prototypes, but didn’t help

2 Likes

Hey, my prototype freezes too. I don’t know how to solve it. Restart does not work…

Some help, please!

Also, when I remove all interactions and add just one interaction later, it does super weird stuff. Suddenly the button I used for interactions directs me to the top of the page although I told it to: hover and then navigate to an orange button. It’s really distressing.
@Andrew_Chan