Prototype doesn't load anymore, after the latest update

Hey!

I’m unable to launch the “Present” mode anymore with my bigger files. This happened today, immediately after I updated Figma.

It just hangs in the loading stage with the progress bar stuck.

I can “Present” smaller files though, so this must be memory related issue that surfaced after the latest update?

1 Like

Same here, on both desktop and browser versions.

If the prototype happens to open, it ultimately hangs completely :woozy_face: A very variable-heavy prototype so not sure if I’m just hitting some limits here.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this @erasku !

Let’s see if more complaints appear. In mean time I suppose only thing left is to optimize the component variants and divide prototype to even more files.

1 Like

Same. Prototypes rendered completely unusable by this latest update.

Hi, I’m also having problems with the prototypes. The links seem to be broken, they redirect to the wrong screen rather than to where I’m linking. I also updated today.

1 Like

Same. Hotspots just not working, despite being configured correctly.

Hey all, this sounds pretty serious. If you are experiencing issues with a prototype and are willing to share the underlying file with us, can you DM me the link and invite support-share@figma.com via the share panel? This will help us get to the bottom of things quicker. Thanks!

For issues with hotspots not working or linking to the wrong screen, it’s also really valuable to include info about the buggy hotspot (e.g. what’s expected and what actually happens when interacting with it). A few sentences or even screenshots/video helps a lot, especially in large prototypes. You can share this with us via DMing or emailing support@figma.com (and linking this thread so the ticket gets escalated).

Thanks @Andrew_Chan !

My original loading problem has been resolved on it’s own. Prototypes are loading as they should. Perhaps it was just a connection issue, originating from Finland as @erasku also experienced this.

Yeah, I can confirm that it has been miraculously fixed. I can recall having some auto-save issues as well so it might be this was a server-side issue.