this is still broken for figma mirror (at least the ios version)!!
PLease consider reading my last answer in this post, in hope it may help some of you guys. https://forum.figma.com/t/new-missing-fonts-behavior-in-interactive-components/7252/10
Still experiencing this issue and, due to Murphy’s law, it’s popping up right before a board meeting. This must be fixed.
Hello Figma crew, this is a very bad, recurring bug. Has been happening ever since I can remember.
Some prototypes just don’t render a few spots where an icon font is used. These spots that Figma “picks” to not show are random when first creating the prototype, but when replaying the spots remain the same.
Sometimes during the presentation, the icons appear and disappear as shown in my attachment.
Please fix this asap. It should’ve been fixed ages ago and it has given me and my team a lot of grief over the past year.
We continue to experience this intermittent issue as well. Because interactive components are, of course, leveraged in demos with audiences that include potential clients, stakeholders, and leadership it, this bug really affects our ability to trust and rely on prototypes.
Discussion on related threads imply that this is no longer an issue as of the October release. I can confirm that we are still experiencing the issue as of March 2022.
We also still have problems with it and cannot rely 100% on the correct rendering in presentations. Especially when the link to the prototype is sent to the customer, there are discussions about wrong text formatting which does not reflect well on our work. The topic still isn’t solved!
Any news here? Still not working.
For anyone still experiencing this bug, I just found a workaround. Hopefully this will also work for you:
Simply type a space before your icon font. That’s it. In my case it works perfectly, since the space character is not mapped on my iconfont it doesn’t push the icon or anything.
I can confirm that for me simply going into the textbox of the icon, setting my keyboard cursor before the actual icon and pressing the spacebar will fix the prototypes.
We were having problems with this one also. Our solution was to flatten the icons and use them as components. This was a little bit painful process but we did it and now we have the benefit of searching an icon by name, unicode or description in the Component Search (the component description is filled up with those properties)
Hi, I created an interactive component that worked fine until one week ago (more or less). Now, when you hover on it the font changes and shows the message “Some missing fonts were replaced”
Please fix this bug in Figa. Some of my friends can only work in Figa. The rest are without font and no font can be found on Figa.
My team is noticing this issue occurring during user testing as of 10/03/2022. Is there a clear solve for this?
I am experiencing the same issue.
We are having the same issue, breaking our usability tests up to a point where our data is truly useless. What’s the status on this and did you guys figure out what is going on?
Facing the same issue.
As seen today this Bug / issue still exists… I have no words for that.
Even Sketch offers proper font embedding…
Facing the same issue. Figma please help asap.
Same issue here. A solution would be great
Same problem with the missing fonts in the prototype here. this is really disappointing.
any tips for resolving this bug???
I emailed email@example.com by submitting a request at https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
They resolved the missing font issue for the files that I work with quickly. I was also facing a second issue with overrides, which is still pending a fix due to the holidays now. But all these components worked well for me before the end of November this year. Hoping they can resolve the second issue quickly too.
I’ve struggled with this for a while – Font Awesome icons get fouled up in prototype mode (they change to a mixture of icon and text). The font files are loaded into our org as a shared file. I also had the font files added to my system locally. When I disabled the local files, the problem disappeared. Of course that means we can’t use Font Awesome anywhere except in Figma, which is not ideal, but we can enabled the fonts as needed for other work.