Missing fonts in prototype - Interactive components

Same Problem here!!
Sometimes it works on sharing links (on chrome), but not in the Prototypefigma mode.
Please Help!! I had to flatten all my text to do a showcase in my company!!!
I love Figma but that really sucks…

1 Like

Same problem. Disabling interactive components and restarting “fixed” it. This is a huge issue though; interactive components are unusable.

I’m also having this issue and it caused a huge problem with my clients that put the whole project at risk. Some major bug like this should never be left unnoticed! I know it is a beta version but this is too critical to not warn users or prioritize solving. Most interfaces are 80% text and this is a interface design software.

2 Likes

Same here

Same here! 🥲

1 Like

@Figma Help us out!!!

2 Likes

Help please!

Same thing here. All interactive components were working fine just a moment ago until a single component destroyed all the fonts. I was using Arial and definitely have that installed. The fonts still work okay in the “Design view” but in the “Prototype” view they are replaced.

Sadly, I’ve been experiencing this, too, for quite some time. But only yesterday I started noticing a much more severe issue: some text lines in interactive component instances won’t even get displayed in the prototype mode.

Yup, this is still a live issue at the moment.

Same here :cry:

Aaaand now it’s happening in all my files. Help plz @Figma

Same problem here. It’s got worse in the last week. It used to only be buggy when sending a link to clients (still not ideal but understandable) but now the fonts in interactive components are not even showing correctly on my computer in presentation mode. The design was created on this computer and the fonts are definitely installed).

Hey all - this sounds really serious. We’re looking into this, thanks for the reports.

Hey folks - we identified a recent change that was causing the issue and pushed a tentative fix for it. Can you refresh and let us know if you’re still experiencing problems? Thanks!

2 Likes

Don’t want to purposefully try to break the proto, but it seems to be working thus far! Fonts are not breaking in the spots where they previously did! Great work!

Still reproducing interactive component missing font (font awesome) bug on Figma B android.

Same issue in Maze, it is not fixed in Maze Preview.

Thanks for the reports @Mag @Aurelien1, a couple questions to help us dig deeper:

• Does this happen on initial load or only after certain actions?
  • Do you know if the fonts being replaced are shared fonts uploaded to an organization, or local fonts (e.g. not Google web fonts) inserted into the file via the desktop app or font service?
  • For the maze issue, does this only happen in maze preview or does it also happen when viewing the original Figma prototype link?

As always, if you’re willing to share the original file and/or a video of the bug to me, please DM me - extra info is much appreciated and will help us get a fix faster!

Does this happen on initial load or only after certain actions?

It happens when I am hovering an interactive component. It replaces the font.

Do you know if the fonts being replaced are shared fonts uploaded to an organization, or local fonts (e.g. not Google web fonts) inserted into the file via the desktop app or font service?

This is shared fonts uploaded to our organization.

For the maze issue, does this only happen in maze preview or does it also happen when viewing the original Figma prototype link?

This is only for the maze preview.