Memory usage warning appears and distract from work. How can I rid of this distraction permanently? Can Figma help and fix this bug?

Hi. Yes I know that I used 59% of memory but every second this window appears and I close it and it appears again and I close it - it is exhausting and it is torture! I am just designer of this file I am not an owner - I just to want to finish my work quietly. But I don’t know how to close this warning for good. Is it possible to do this?

I explain why I cannot ignore this awful warning - because when it appears it close my pages between I constantly move - so I need to close it warning to see my Page list and go to the required page - and I need to close this warning always when I want to go to the other page - this is total suffering.

Figma support, please, fix this bug! Let the way to close this window permanently!

1 Like

Maybe a better suggestion would be to make it not cover any UI controls.

Making such a message disappear completely seems ill advised to me—like turning off warnings for low gas in a car, low battery for you laptop, or running out of life support in your spaceship.

I am sorry, you are definitely not a designer, and did not working in situation that warning appeared every second and hid the page name list that vitaly needed to quick switching between Components and App pages.

And 60% is not a high level. This project evolved about 6 months to reach this 60% level - and it is finishing now, only some small edits remain - and now it is very dificult to fulfill the job because of this annoying distracting big window that cannot be turn off by user.

So I very hope for Figma team help - give users the way to turn this window off!
Or at least remove this window from the top left position to avoid hiding the page list!
It can be a small icon and not a big window that replaced a vital page list.

I have to see the page list to work and not the warning instead of pages.

1 Like

Hi, Figma support, I have suggesting to put this “Memory usage” window to the third tab and it will be tabs in the top left corner in this order:

Layers Assets Memory usage

I explain why. I cleaned up my files and removed 8MB. And now this warning is not appears for a while. But paradox - now I want to see how my pages using memory now after cleaning, but I cannot find this memory winow!

So we have this situation:

• when user is working and doesn’t want to see this warning - it appears, replaces Pages list and distracts.
  • when user wants to see memory indications after cleaning pages up - this memory window cannot be found!

So Figma support, the third tab Memory usage is a one of the ways to resolve this impass.
Please!

1 Like

The “Memory usage” panel does not replace the list of pages, but rather pushes it down.

Thanks about telling me where can be found Memory usage - but it is not complete info. The most important info is not here.

I need to see how many percentage of using memory is opposite each my new pages to see how effective I split up my pages?

The top banner of whole memory usage is useless but persenatge of opposite every page is helpful - I need to see persentage of each page. Where it can be seen?

изображение

I got it - it in the top but see all the at once was more convinient.

1 Like

Click the “Manage memory” button and turn on the “Show memory usage in layers panel” option.

And please be sure to check out this Help Center article:

1 Like

Thanks - that was that I was looking!