Make the canvas infinitive

I reached the limit of the canvas, it would be nice for the canvas to be infinitive

7 Likes

Including the ability to zoom to infinity.

6 Likes

The canvas is surprisingly smaller than I expected. I expected it 10-100 times larger at least, if not infinitive, or at least doubling of the space every time a component is nearing a virtual edge, getting stuck or hitting the wall too early, and splitting into multiple files will make the all the work lose the point! Take a look at miro or draw.io for serious process mapping that scales.

Triple vote

1 Like

At least a visual feedback of the zone we can zoom in would be useful.

1 Like

It says here “Unlike design files, FigJam files don’t have multiple pages or canvases. Instead, you have one infinite board to explore your ideas.”
The limits of the board are actually quite small for what I’m doing.
Also being able to zoom out enough to see everything on the board would be great.

I was shocked when that happened to me last week. :see_no_evil:
In my current role, I run frequent workshops with dozen of participants and having that limited canvas is complicated since I need to create different workspaces for each of them.
It’d be great to have the freedom of an infinity canvas. ∞

2 Likes

so they lie … evil figma :grin:
I wish too !

1 Like

My team has a FigJam board with ideation on it, i could originally see something that was on the right abd now its cut in half and i have reached the end of the board and can no longer get to all the content!!! yet i could see it at 1 point… how can i access the part i cant see? this is quite urgent too and very frustrating!!!

Why have you not done this yet!!!

Hey All, thanks for your feedback!

We’ve passed this topic onto our FigJam team for consideration.

They’ve given some insight on this that I can share. We have to reserve memory for canvas coordinates, so FigJam needs to have some defined bounds. We’ve already updated the Help Center article to remove the one infinite board wording.

Moreover, having a truly infinite board would cause performance issues considering the active memory limit of 2GB per browser tab. As Figma and FigJam were built on browser-based technologies, these limitations apply even when you’re using Figma’s desktop app.

How frequently are you actually running into the FigJam bounds? There are a couple of options that the FigJam team can consider, so your feedback will help!