Local saving loses project thumbnail assignment

Hello,
After saving a project locally, it loses its thumbnail assignment.
When local file imported it uses default thumbnail and I have to assign my custom frame as thumbnail again.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you

Hey @Burak,

Sorry to hear this is happening. Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can take a closer look.

Any news on this? should I post my request too?
Why community support are so hands off and ask users to report bugs? This forum should have list of issues opened and attached to posts.
Why “Make request” is marked as “:heavy_check_mark:︎Solution”? that’s not a solution.

1 Like

Hey @Romanr, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this too!

Our support team sometimes will prefer to have specific bugs filed with them directly, so that they have access to any relevant files to try and reproduce to work on the fix. Troubleshooting can also be on a case by case basis, so it’s preferred to be able to work with you directly with any additional context, especially if your file contains sensitive info.

Our team filed a bug report with the info previously provided, but we haven’t been able to reproduce and nail down a fix just yet.

You’re more than welcome to file a bug report with any additional info you can provide to the team: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include any screenshots, screen recordings, and/or a link to your file(s), and share it with support-share@figma.com.

We appreciate the feedback and hear you. The previous solution was only marked to encourage other users to reach out to support directly, if they’re having a similar issue. We’ve unmarked the previous solution though, and we’ll definitely use your feedback to improve our processes.