List of Fonts in selection (like selection colors)

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this
    When we select a particular template or frame on Figma on the right side it will show all the colours did we used on that frame or template that’s a really good feature, Including that can you people also try to show us what all fonts that we used in that template or frame I felt that could be really great move by Figma if you people show the list of fonts that we used in that frame this going to be a great initiative by FIGMA. I’m really apologetic If that feature already existed in Figma I didn’t know where it was? I explored but I couldn’t find that feature.

2. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

3. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this? etc.
    Does anyone else experience this?
    Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?

5 Likes

Font Fascia plugin allows you to see the list of fonts in the document:

1 Like

Thanks so much Gleb, it’s working :+1: :+1: :+1:

That plugin is OK for listing the fonts as you describe, while I’ve also been thinking it’d be great if we could see and modify all font in a selection as you can with Colours.

Further, like the Colours feature this could let you quickly select and change a sub-set of manually formatted text objects over to Text Styles.

That could help cleaning up after quick/loose ideation sessions (esp multi-player) much quicker, be less error prone and just feel so much more efficient compared to having to individually click to selects the various text objects in a selection – it feels cumbersome pretty quickly and it’s these sorts of efficiencies that really add up in loyalty/“stickiness” (if we must! :wink: )

While size also has to be taken into account, the colour feature’s already multi-modal with each opacity level a separate editable selection, just as differing sizes would be for fonts.

Finally, as colours are currently separate from Text Styles, the existing colour selection feature would of course also be available on the selected objects.

6 Likes

WE NEED THIS ASAP!!! I can’t understand why this feature isn’t ready yet. The selection colors feature is great to keep all designers in line with the colors in the library. The same needs to happen with text styles, otherwise, we can’t keep a 100% controlled design system. They also included effect styles now, that too needs a selection feature like the colors. We all want Figma to be the number 1 design system tool, but these are major features that are missing and we can’t understand why, since you already have that for colors.

5 Likes

+1 Bump!

Selection colors is brilliant for changing mass styles at once. This would be an incredible feature if it was the same for text styles.

2 Likes

On selecting main frame we get list of colors that are present in it. Similarly we need something that allows us to change the font

Hi @Jay33 ,
Thank you for your idea! I merged your topic with a similar one as others in the community have requested something similar. :slightly_smiling_face:

Which one @Celine_Figma ? Can you provide a link so we can vote there also please? Thansk!

Hey Llyod!
It’s been automatically merged, so all votes have been gathered together automatically here.
If you haven’t vote yet, you can vote up here directly in this thread (next to the title of topic). Thank you!