Launched: Auto straightening connectors

Hello Figma Community,

I’m new to Figma, could please someone help me with one thing. In FigmaJam I’m trying to position a block relative to another block, and a direct connector between them would look very nice. But it is hard to achieve that. Please take a look at the video in action. I highly appreciate your help. One video worth a thousand words :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMCE8vuJvs

I second this. My documents are coming out looking very unpolished due to the difficulties of straightening lines. When working with very large flow diagrams, this is hard to manage. I would assume this would snap into place instantly, please improve on this feature. It would really be helpful.

@Vadim_Vinogradov Apologies for this blip! To ensure the arrow is straight, you can hold down ‘shift’ while you are dragging your arrow. You can also toggle between the curved and straight style in the toolbar (the highlighted icon shown).

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 5.59.56 PM

This will make the arrow slightly diagonal.

The problem is not in the arrows, but in the misalignment of connection points. And I believe today’s update should improve this as objects now snap to the grid more strictly.

1 Like

@Gleb You’re totally right, my bad!

In that case, I’d probably try to resize either of the connected objects until the middle-point aligns perfectly (not ideal for sure). I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue today (maybe because of the updates?), but let us know if the issue persists!

Hello,
Thank you for the feedback. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create FigmaJam file
  2. Draw “Rounded Rectangle”
    Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 12.57.21 PM
  3. Draw “Right-leaning parallelogram” below the “Rounded Rectangle”:
  4. Try to connect “Rounded Rectangle” with “Right-leaning parallelogram”

Oh my gosh… Or what? Two media files will crash firgma-forum servers? :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you all for the feedback! Connectors now automatically straighten when objects look center aligned - no more wonky lines! :tada: