Lag in existing prototypes

I have made no edits to a Figma File either in design mode or in prototype mode but there has been some effect on the prototype speed. The flow which was earlier very smooth is now lagging a lot. Has anyone faced a similar issue?

1 Like

Hey @Shaurya_Chopra, thank you for reaching out!

Can you confirm if there is any error message on your end? Is it happening in the browser, desktop app or both?
For quick fixes, can you please force-quit and open Figma in a new browser window (or force-quit the Figma Desktop app and restart it.) Also, please clear out the cache. Here are some information to troubleshoot: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040523973-Troubleshooting-checklist 1.

The most common reason for prototype performance issues is the file’s memory limitations. At the moment, the workaround for prototypes not loading or loading with problems is to reduce the overall memory of the Figma file. This should help with any prototypes, regardless of the device or operating systems. Tips on reducing memory can be found here: Reduce memory usage in files.

Please try out the steps indicated in the Help Article and if you still run into any issues, please also share your file link here with support-share@figma.com invited directly as an editor (this won’t affect your billing at all) if possible so I can see if I can if it’s also lagging on my end.

Thank you in advance,
Gayani

Hey @Gayani_S,

there is no error message either on the Figma desktop app or in the browser. I have tried force quitting Figma as well as the browser and restarted both but to no effect. I have cleared the cache also but again that has not helped at all.

I have tried checking out the memory of the file as well but it is well below 20%. But I tried to reduce the same but that also did not help. So it would be great if you could help out on that

Hey, thanks for trying out these steps! I’ve created a support ticket on your behalf, so our technical quality team can take a look at your file and investigate further on what’s causing this. Your ticket number is #943251, for reference.

Please also share your file link with our support team with support-share@figma.com invited directly as an editor (this won’t affect your billing at all).

Our support team usually takes up to 24 hours to reply back to emails - tends to be quicker than that in normal circumstances. However, please be aware that we are facing increased contact volume so there might be a delay.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Gayani

I know this message is from March but I am also having issues in presentation mode.
All of my prototype settings have been checked multiple times by multiple people.

I know it is not memory as I still have 98% space of memory.

As an example, if I select an element and ensure it is set to “scroll with parent”
Go to preview mode and guess what… it does not scroll. It stays sticky.

If I smart animate an element to lets say gentle and set the speed to 300ms, it should look like its gliding. Not mine. In preview mode, it will bounce, hammer, jump, or not show up at all.

I have refreshed, restarted, double and triple checked everything.

Something is definitely up with preview and prototype.

Hey @Dana_Atwood1, thanks for reaching out and sorry for any disruption to your work! Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue yourself. I am happy to get your connected to pur technical quality team. Can you let me know of you are seeing any error message on your end? Is it happening in the browser, desktop app or both?

Thanks in advance!