Is there a way to track the hours spent working on a document within Figma?

I’m terrible at knowing how long I’ve worked on something, as I get lost in designing. It can be difficult to justify time spent if you’re as bad at this as I am. :frowning:

Many of my documents are weeks and months old. Is there a plug-in or some kind of history tracker I can use to retroactively quantify time moving pixels around, or is this a science fiction question?

Tell me I need an hours tracker program and keep records as I work. I’ll brace myself :cold_face:

There isn’t an hour tracker per se, but you can check the version history to get an overview/estimate as it does multiple save points while you’re working.

You can find version history on the top nav of your file, right by the name of the file.

2 Likes

The history is absolute magic. I’ll have to upgrade :slight_smile: Would be nice to at least include the “Creation Date” but I’m not complaining! I’ll have to do a plug-in to calculate the number of pixels pushed. Am I the only one who imagines charging by the pixel? ;°)

1 Like

There seem to be multiple time-tracking apps. I have never used these tho.

Figma Time Tracking.

2 Likes

It would be useful if the “last modified” tab had more information, creation date, by whom, at what time, etc. I know this can be found in the version history, which is already quite hidden. Any thoughts?

HELLO, please tell me, is it possible to find out how much time I spent in the program for the entire time of its use?

1 Like

WOW! THis is the ticket. THanks.

1 Like

Tracking integration for Figma allows you to keep track of every minute you work on your design, seamlessly and without switching between apps, to get paid fairly for your work.

Visit us at Figma Time Tracking - TrackingTime

Hey @Chris_C use the Windu plugin right inside of figma and you can use it to process payroll incase you are freelancing on projects. It also has a chrome extension.

1 Like

I discoverd this! TimeBro

So for me, the approaches in this thread assume you are on the design and you want to look back and see how it changed in terms of dates. I don’t think users see it this way, it’s more like someone is building a report and they want to know what they touched (pages, components, files) and what they did in a certain time frame / window. That should be how this is approached, with the user looking for a window of time first, and Figma can serve what everything that was touched + time lapse of that time.

Hello David, I believe Windu does exactly what you are requesting. I uploaded a picture as an example above check it out www.windu.io , I use it myself.